Google+ Followers

Monday, October 14, 2013

The future of the manga/anime industry is...

Doomed! Or is it? Well I'm here to talk about that. I have done lots and lots and LOTS of research about this topic. I know I have addressed this in the past but still I have not made a difference. But I know more about this topic now and I will talk about every version of this problem whether it be Japan's problem or abroad (ex. U.S and U.K and a bunch more.) As we all know anime and manga are worldwide phenomenon's. So what could possibly be wrong with it? Have you ever heard of manga scanlation or anime fan subbing/dubbing. That's where most of the problem lies. Keyword most. Some parts of it have nothing to do with the fans but the publishers and producers themselves. So in this post I will tell you what you can do to help the manga industry and let's not forget the beloved anime industry to grow and prosper. I will also tell you the problems with the companies so you can learn how to help them. Let's start with the problem that deals with everyone. By everyone I mean the people of every country. I'm not saying everyone is doing this in fact there are like only a few people to blame for this who I don't know but we can stop them if we all work together. Remember when I mentioned scanlation and fan subbing/dubbing. That's the big problem. The sites that show you all of this are brought to you by pirates. By pirates I don't mean "Ar! Get your hands off me booty!" pirates I mean people who are being accused of piracy. That means they are showing things that are illegal and get away with it. This is a huge problem in any industry that involves entertainment but is the worst in manga and anime. So what are the companies doing about this? Sue sue and sue some more! By Sue I mean by legal stuff not the name. That would not make any sense. That means they are using their legal rights to stop these. They have done a good job at getting rid of very popular mangas from the scanlators but most of the titles are still there. We can't wait for the Japanese and American companies to finish what they started especially when the American industry is weakening greatly. We have to scare away the pirates. So how do we do this? Well this post is getting way too long so I'll tell you in my next post.